6 tips for packing luggage like a pro
Over the past year, I've been travelling so frequently that I finally have a bit of a packing routine going. (It's only taken me my whole life...) With the holiday season coming up and everybody off like birds to the equator in winter, I thought I'd share a few rules I now live by and mistakes I keep making. Wait, I meant mistakes from which I've learnt, damn it!
1. You will not wear those heels you were sure you'd find a purpose for.
2. Stop packing bright colours; they're too hard to match with a small wardrobe. If you must pack some brights, stick to shades of one particular colour. (My colour of choice is blue.)
3. One small container of coconut oil can replace your moisturiser, shaving cream, makeup remover, conditioner, and cleanser.
4. Neoprene is a miracle fabric in that it doesn't hold wrinkles from weeks in a suitcase. If you have it, pack it.
5. Forget about the white dresses and skirts. You don't want to be running between dry cleaners for the entirety of your trip.
6. Spare grocery bags are nice to have on hand so that you can pack individual shoes in them and prevent their soles from soiling the rest of your luggage.
What are your rules of packing?